Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Iron Man


From an early age I was the best
My father helped me through it all
For many years put to the test
And many wanted me to fall

To many I am a prodigy
My brain power of the great
When I left from MIT
Unpredictable my fate

I was kidnapped for my great gift
And closed off in the dark
After the flames and my lift
They remembered Tony Stark

So now I am known as Iron Man,
I'll let them catch me if the can.

I chose this character because he is known for being very charismatic. If a poem is going to be in first person and talking about what the person can do, I felt that Iron man would be best because of his arrogant personality. I chose sonnet for because of the rhythm I could put into it, like a song. Also, unlike a villanelle, there is more variety in the likes rather than repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment